1. Personal Information
It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Where it is reasonable and practical to do so we will only collect personal information about you from you. You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us however if you choose to withhold personal information from us it may prevent us from being able to provide you with the goods/services requested.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date as soon as practicable after receiving your notification of any error or inaccuracy.
The types of personal information we may collect about you that is necessary in the ordinary course of our business include:
- your name
- your ABN
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number
- information you provide to us through customer surveys
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour
- information about your access and use of our site, including through the use of internet cookies, IP address, your communications with our site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party
2. Use of Information
Personal information collected from you is used for the following purposes:
- to provide tailored product and service information and improve service delivery
- to process payments, discounts and refunds where required
- to manage your account with us
- to communicate with our customers regarding products and services (such as new products, warranty and maintenance provisions, product recalls, etc.)
- to develop and expand our operations base and plan for future commitments
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- Personal Properties Securities Register (PPSR) this is the register where details of security interests in personal property can be registered and searched
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We may disclose personal information to:
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
5. Cookies, Pixels and Web Beacons
We may use pixels or web beacons on our site from time to time. Pixels and Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
6. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict : If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access : You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction : If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints : If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe : To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep information about you accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected. Further, you may request access to any of your personal information we hold except if the provision of the information is contrary to any applicable privacy law.
8. Questions and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback regarding any aspect of the collection, access to, use or storage of personal information by us please refer to our Feedback Policy.
Please direct all requests for access to, correction of personal information, or feedback to: email@example.com
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy or to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s web site; www.oaic.gov.au.